Indigo powder is from the ground leaves of the indigo plant which contains a deep blue dye used for centuries for textiles including the original blue Levi Strauss jeans!
The leaves are harvested, dried, and ground into a powder for use in textiles, arts, and as a natural hair colorant.
How to use:
Dye your hair with henna first for the best result.
- 1. Mix Zenia Henna with lemon juice or warm water, and let the mixture paste to sit for 2-4 hours. The paste should be in the form of pancake batter so it is easy to apply.
- 2. Use gloves to apply the paste covering the entire hair.
- 3. Wrap your hair with a shower cap and allow it to sit for 1 to 3 hours. Prevent the contact of the paste with your skin or else it will stain your skin .
- 4. Rinse and wash your hair with water.
- 5. Mix your Zenia Indigo Powder with warm water or hot lemon juice and allow it to sit for 10-15 minutes.
Tip: Add a pinch of salt to darken the Indigo paste so that it clings better to the hair strand.
- 6. Use gloves to apply the paste evenly throughout your hair.
- 7. Wrap your hair with a shower cap and allow the paste to sit for 2 to 3 hours.
- 8. Rinse out the paste with water.
Note: Your hair color may settle in 1-2 days. Color result may vary from person to person and it also depends on existing hair colors.
Amount of Zenia Indigo required
For shoulder length hairs: 100 grams
More than shoulder length: 150-200 grams
Up to Waist Length Hairs: 250-300 grams
Get 100g of indigo for every six inches of hair. Curly hair will need more.