Hajj Ehram for Adults
- A set of 2 Soft, Thick, Cool, Ehram.
- These ehrams are seamless as prescribed in Islam.
- The material is a 100% Cotton.
Significance of wearing an"ehram" during Hajj:
- It is very important to note that Allah has commanded us not to wear sewn clothes and not to cover our heads so that one shows utter humbleness and surrender to Allah.
- It has another great significance that it makes the person like a newborn wrapped in a piece of cloth.
- This, in fact, is a sign of being in dire need of Allah’s help and guidance in every matter.
The "ehram" is made up of two white unsewn sheets. Directions to put it on are as follows:
Stand with your feet apart to create the right shape, and hold the first sheet behind you, before wrapping one length of the sheet over the other in front of you.
- Once you have wrapped the sheet around your lower body, fold over or roll the top of the sheet several times along your waistline to keep it in place, making sure that it ends up higher than your belly button.
- Next, take the second sheet and place it around your shoulders like a cape.
- Make one side longer than the other, and flick the longer length over your shoulder.
- Finally, place some pins in the sheets to keep them in place.
- Always make sure that you have good coverage at the back for when you go into sujood in salat, and keep the bottom sheet above the navel to make sure that your awrah is always properly covered.
An image of this tutorial is also attached. (See images)